Thursday, December 22, 2011
Along with the release of the scribal documents we have made a number of other changes to the Archive between December 21 and December 22, 2011:
- The section of the Archive previously titled "Manuscripts" is now titled "In Whitman's Hand." This section includes Whitman's poetry manuscripts, scribal documents, and notebooks. We have moved the Integrated Guide to Whitman's poetry manuscripts and finding aids to Whitman's manuscripts at individual repositories to the Resources section of the site.
- The section of the Archive previously titled "Biography & Correspondence" is now titled "Life & Letters."
- The section of the Archive previously titled "Criticism" is now titled "Commentary."
- We have made changes to the site-wide xslt files that generate headers and footers for the pages to account for these revised section names and to make the navigation consistent throughout the site.
- We have updated the Archive's Editorial Policy statement to include the scribal documents. We also corrected a typographical error in the editorial policy statement, fixing "eXtenxible" to "eXtensible."
- We have posted an updated version of the Spanish-language edition of Whitman's poetry, Álvaro Armando Vasseur's Poemas. The updated version is available both as an HTML rendering of our TEI-encoded XML and as an XML download. In 2012, we will migrate the encoding of the Vasseur text from the P4 TEI encoding standard to P5. At the time that we make the P5 version of the text available, we will also correct known issues in the HTML display of the text.
- We have fixed a broken links with our breadcrumbs navigation in the Civil War Correspondence and With Walt Whitman in Camden sections of the site.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
The old url for this item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/prc.00001.html
The new url for this letter is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/duk.00531.html
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
The old url for this item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/med.00329.html
The new url for this letter is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/loc.02115.html
The old url for this item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/med.00328.html
The new url for this letter is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/duk.00388.html
The old url for this item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/med.00327.html
The new url for this letter is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/loc.01819.html
The old url for this item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/med.00325.html
The new url for this letter is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/loc.01818.html
Monday, October 17, 2011
The old url for the item was http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/loc.00847.html
The current url is http://whitmanarchive.org/biography/correspondence/cw/tei/loc.01069.html
Monday, October 10, 2011
The old url for the item was http://www.whitmanarchive.org/criticism/reviews/leaves1867/anc.00232.html
The current url is http://www.whitmanarchive.org/criticism/reviews/leaves1867/anc.01069.html
Monday, September 26, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
In each case, there was a typo in the fifth line of the poem "The Beauty of the Ship," and I corrected "at least the beauty" to read "at last the beauty."
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
I have also revised a review of Leaves of Grass (1855) titled "A Strange Blade," which we originally thought first appeared in the National Anti-Slavery Standard, but which was in fact first published in Punch Magazine, as Eric Conrad has discovered (http://whitmanarchive.org/criticism/reviews/leaves1855/anc.00338.html). The information about the review's subsequent publication is documented in an editorial note.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I have made a small correction in Traubel, With Walt Whitman in Camden, vol 3, which Ken pointed out to me. On p. 465, near the bottom, the heading to a letter was given as "Port Hospital, Natchez, Miss.," and I have corrected it to read "Post Hospital, Natchez, Miss." (I have corrected the error both in the file for the entire volume and in the file for the individual entry in question.)